Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Saturating Wood Oil is an easy to maintain oil that feeds woodwork made to specifically drive out any moisture or air in the wood and replace it with oil. This give you longer lasting protection on all timber work by enriching and stabalising the wood. Deks Olje D1 can be used for both interior and exterior woodwork as it does not form a film over the top of the wood but protects from within, this also means it won’t peel or crack.
Deks Olje D1 doesn’t take-away any of the natural beauty of the wood as it dries clear and matt it enhances it. This wood oil has been optimised to go through dense, oily and difficult to impregnate woods, while still providing the best protection against humidity and damage from UV rays. It’s so good against water this oil can be used above AND below the waterline.
If it’s an intense glossy look you are after we recommend you top-coat this product with the Deks Olje D2
Directions for use:
- The wooden surface must be clean, dry and free of any previous coatings. If you have to strip the surface leave the wood to dry for 3-4 days before applying this oil.
- Start applying Deks Olje D1 to somewhere that can be treated in around 15mins, once this has penetrated apply a 2nd coat.
- Keep applying Deks Olje D1 ‘wet on wet’ don’t let the oil become dry during applications until the wood is saturated, the number of applications will depend on the wood.
- Once the wood is saturated leave for 30mins and then wipe the surface to remove and excess oil with a rag that has been soaked in Deks Olje D1 and rung out so it’s damp.
- For the best finish it is important that as much Deks Olje D1 is applied on the first day.
- Allow Deks Olje D1 3 days to fully dry.
Tips for use:
- Cover everything you don’t want to paint
- Do not apply in direct sun or on hot surfaces
- Apply as much as you can on the first day
- Don’t let Deks Olje D1 dry inbetween applications
Ideal uses for Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Saturating Wood Oil:
- Preserving old wooden floooring
- Protecting wooden garden furniture
- Treating a boat hull
- Reviving old wood
- High quality wood protection
- Doesn’t take away any of the natural woods beauty
- Easy to apply
- Penetrates deep into the wood
- Drives out moisture
- Easy to maintain