Owatrol ESP or Easy Surface Preperation primes and preapares surfaces that are usually hard for paint or varnish to be applied to like shiny surfaces such as glass, plastic and baked lacquers. ESP saves hours of your time as it eliminates the need for awkward sanding, once wiped on & off again it leaves any surface ready for paint or varnish to easily bond to. Colourless, virtually odourless and applied using a damp cloth this product is really easy and safe to use.
Directions for use:
- Clean & dry the surface you want to paint & remove any dry or flaking old finishes. If the surface is oily, waxy, greasy or varnished preparethe surface by scrubbing with scourer soaked with ESP then wipe clean after 5-10 minutes.
- Apply a generous amount of ESP to a clean, dry cloth and wipe onto the surface, if ESP seperates the surfaces isn’t clean and will need to be cleaned again.
- Leave the ESP on for 5 minutes then lightly wipe off the excess in one direction with another clean cloth.
- Allow to dry for 2 hours, once dry ESP may be left up to 7 days before applying the final finish.
Tips for use:
- Shake well before using
- Do not thin
- Use only clean cloths
- Do not contaminate new ESP with old ESP
- Do not use ESP for dipping
Ideal uses for Easy Surface Prep (ESP)
- Updating melamine furniture e.g. kitchen cupboards
- Repainting bathrooms
- An easy way to upgrade cheap furniture
- Great for sprucing up lamps & ornaments
- Even great for glass as it dries clear
- Wipe on/wipe off primer
- Easy to use & apply
- Makes any surface paintable without sanding
- Safe to use